Preach

January 28, 2018

So it was Catholic schools week....




Lemme be honest I didn’t know much about this whole thing before, and I’m still no expert at it now. All I knew was that students were making announcements through the schools intercom saying a little prayer that week. 

In religion class my teacher told us that our local church needed a senior student to represent our school. I didn’t put up my hand, I mean no one else was either. So why should I  have to? This along with many other thoughts suddenly came up in my mind. 

Next thing I knew the teacher brought it up to us again, and I raised my hand...

Here’s why I did it, of course because I’m a child of God. But also since I honestly couldn’t remember when the last time was that I was at mass! Which is weird since I used to go more often, and that I still say a little prayer every night before bed. 

And so I just felt like I had to go back again. 




So she gave me all the details about the teacher who’d have to be there with me and the time to show up and that. Well I went through with it, and it just felt right

Being someone my age who’s religious these days is hard, so being back there where most of the other people in the church feel the same way I do brightened up my morning. 💛






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Talk to me:

Search This Blog