Art Stuff.

January 28, 2019




Even though I was sick today I woke up to a message on my phone saying that my final parcel for my portfolio will be arriving around midday. I got my Mapac portfolio last Tuesday, but since it wasn't cheap, I had to wait till later last week to order the A1 sleeves that go inside of the clips.




So I waited around for a few hours until the delivery guy finally rang on the door bell (he took his sweet time, I was starting to think that he wasn’t gonna show up). In the end I finally got the sleeves I needed. 


This means that my college art  portfolio is basically coming to its end. It’s not long before the closing date for CAO comes and I should be getting word from the colleges I applied to about the portfolio deadlines. Of course  I’m feeling a bit nervous, but yet I feel truly deserve this. I've put in so much time into preparing all the pieces that will soon be filling in the empty sleeves. 


It’s mad when I think that so many things will be changing this year, and I feel so excited about it all. 

I’ll try my best to keep my blog updated with what happens in my application process but I’m not gonna lie, it’s really hard trying to balance all the things that’s going on in my life at the moment. Anyways it’s a great feeling seeing that everything is starting to fall into place regarding my portfolio, despite the fact that I haven’t stuck in any of my pieces into it yet. 


By the way all this art stuff isn’t cheap by any means. 

I wanted to make sure that I could get the best quality for my work to stay in, and so that it can be presented nicely to whoever will be judging my portfolio for my future college courses. In that regards, I found that the prices that all the art supply stores in my local area were way too expensive. Therefore I turned to the internet. I knew that I would find better bargains of the same items online - and I did. I ended up getting my Mapac Portfolio from Evan's Art Supplies  (Based here in 🇮🇪) and I had to get the sleeves from a British art website. 

jacksonsart.com




I’m so glad I found all these online as I ended up saving wayyyy more of my money while still receiving excellent quality material. I don’t want to make this post too long but that’s pretty much all I have to say at the moment. 

Wish me luck🍀 

Ciao 👋🏽

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Anonymous00:10

    Hey V,
    I think your blog posts are great. Hope you do well in your leaving cert x

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me:

Search This Blog