bEiNg NoRmAl

March 28, 2018





So today is Sunday. Sunday’s are just chill days ya feel me. I usually just do some cleaning and then find some time to relax. I was just comfortable at home all day, so I didn’t make any effort to try look all pretty or whatever.  I mean it’s just my family around, they’ve no choice but to accept me even though I’m not presentable. 😂


Anyways that’s enough of my irrelevant back story about how today went. I was just trying to brighten the mood first before I jump into discussing a thought that crossed my mind today. 

What is normal?


Hahaha wait hear me out, it’s actually such a complex word when you think of it. For me it’s just another polite way of saying basic. Like, “yeah sure we don’t want you to feel differently compared to other people so let’s label you as normal”. 

I did my research on this one, according to Google and to my phones dictionary, the meaning of the word normal is:







So your basically categorised as suiting the typical standards of things that are expected from you. Wooow, must be nice. You meet the criteria to be accepted into this group. Nobody pays any attention before you finally make it, but it’s a whole different story once you “matter”. 

Let’s cut to the chase, I’m talking about social media in particular. Now like I said, On Sunday’s I just take it easy. Of course I just found my self scrolling through my social media feeds. And something clicked to me. I wasn’t seeing the same people, yet I was seeing the same person. I mean that’s just it, all the celebs I follow who popped up on my feed were from different profile accounts. But once I realised just how many similar things kept reappearing, I paused....was I really looking at individuals or just clones? 

Sheep just following each other 🐑. And as for the “ordinary” accounts I follow, I noticed the same trend. They were all just mimicking one another! The girls all trying to achieve the same idealistic body type and the boys all following the same “it guy” movement. 

What was going on?

I really had to look away from the screen and think about this. These people..they were all normal

And then I thought again, what about the people who aren’t normal? Where they at? They ain’t stressing over how many people will comment on their “recent”. Or if they’ve drawn on enough fake freckles and are wearing enough highlight to be accepted as an Instagram Baddie. And they ain’t spent all of their last pay check on the latest Adidas release to flex💪 their shoe game. 

To them that’s normal...

But to these clones, they ain’t standard enough. And poof, they’re tossed out onto the side 😷🗑. They’re too different. Go away. “We don’t want your unique traits.”  





But there’s so many different people in this world. Not everyone’s the same, being “normaldoes not exist. It can’t exist, we weren’t made to all match. What’s seen as normal to one person could be the exact opposite to someone else. 

We’re all trying to be accepted. It’s in our blood to want to fit in. But what I feel is that we need to start appreciating how other people are built and stop worrying about trying to “fix” ourselves. Your born to be seen...




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Talk to me:

Search This Blog