Let’s talk about love!

March 28, 2018





I’m not usually one who openly talks about things like this, don’t ask me why, I’m just such a private person. Like if I feel it just doesn’t concern you, I won’t bring it up at all. That’s just how I am. But lately this topic, all revoling around this very DEEP word that just gets tossed around like it’s nothing has managed to spring into my mind almost everyday.


People think they’re in love nearly every time they meet someone new. I’m dead serious, I see people my age playing wife to some guy who’s most likely not gonna stick by their side in a few years time. I’m not gonna label guys as being greedy..but they are..in fact everyone’s greedy in this life. No matter how much you give to another person, once they get tired of that company, like a greedy human being, they’ll move onto the next in line. 

That’s if it’s not love of course. 


But as I was saying, teens my age could swear they found their other half after 2 hours of texting! Like isn’t that mad? I’m not here to judge. I’m just trying to grasp how the simple emotion of liking someone, liking the way they smell or how they treat you in that first few days of meeting them can ultimately lead people to say it’s LOVE. 






Everyone always puts their best foot forward when they meet someone new that they MIGHT be interested in. You just met this person, you can’t fully make out what kinda person they are yet, so you only show them this “good” side of you. We’re human we all have flaws, naturally you have to build up mutual respect and trust with the other person to allow them to see things that aren’t exactly perfect about you. And what’s more important is how they react once you let them in. That’s such a major step in seeing what the true side is to someone your into. By then their efforts over keeping up with this front of being a perfect lover won’t matter. It will be about how they genuinely act when that mask is stripped away, what their eyes truly display, how they be acting when there’s nobody else around to impress but you. And if they ain’t acting correct...Issa no🙄

Obviously after you’ve committed yourself to someone for so long and they don’t pull their part when it comes time for them to prove themselves to you, it will be hard. Girls especially feel like they can change a man. “If I just give him one more chance”... but after so many chances of you expecting him to realise he needs to get his act right, you end up making excuses for this person, in turn making yourself look bad. Your other half isn’t going to change and your allowing them to take you for granted at this point. Once you can take a step back and accept that, you’ll be ready to leave. 







I know it’s a bit crazy that at 17 years old I’m reflecting on such a grown topic. I guess it’s partly because these days adults who claimed to have been so mad about each other, end up splitting. It’s coming more and more common in the world we live in. They just do. They grow apart. Realised they rushed things. And so they throw it all away. 

I don’t want that to be me...


Not finding someone who actually cares for me, when I wake up with my hair all nappy. When my skin ain’t finna work with me but they still don’t see a problem with it. When I need help and they’ve always got my back. 

Luckily there’s a happy couple close to me who I can safely say I look up to. When I see how well they work with each other it gives me hope that although this whole love thing is seriously overly exaggerated..it exists. 

So they’re what keeps me going to wait and find a guy...who just completes me. 






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Talk to me:

Search This Blog